Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Life is full of surprises!

"When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade"

"When one door closes, another one opens"

and for once......

those two quotes made my day!

It's my senior year in high school, and like many other seniors, I have been applying for scholarships for months now. I don't mind filling out the information packets, but when it comes to the essays, I really (REALLY) dread them! It is a huge advantage if you can write well, but it's a huge disadvantage for those who struggle with English.

Anyway, my mom always told me that you don't lose anything from trying. Umm, hello, what about time? Just kidding. So I listened to her, and I've been writing essays for months now.

Today I got a letter in the mail from one of the scholarships I signed up, and you know, I got a bit anxious to see what was inside. I was hoping for an awesome thousand dollar scholarship, but that's not what I found.

Actually, I found something hilarious.

A ten dollar check!
Hahah. Was my essay that bad that they pity me? nah, I just think they wanted to prove a point. That anyone who attempts deserves a reward.
That was nice of them!
If only all scholarships did that....I would be rich!

No comments:

Post a Comment