Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Summertime

S is for Summer and smoothies!

It is so fun to experiment in the kitchen with a variety of ingredients to create a delicious and healthy smoothie. 

This week for What I Ate Wednesday, it was exciting to put the good ol' blender to use after being away from home for a couple of weeks. 

Today, the day started at 5 am. I went for a run ( not going to lie...my deepest fear was that a deer was going to get me). Prepared smoothie for later breakfast and drove to 6:30 daily Mass.

Breakfast around 7:30  am
Power Smoothie: coffee, yogurt, coconut milk, half frozen banana, vanilla protein powder, chia seeds, and stevia.

Morning snack
Yellow peppers and carrots dipped in my mom's famous Huancaina sauce.
 Lunch
Papaya smoothie and fiesta salad (cucumber, walnuts, strawberry, blueberry, mozz. cheese, chopped greens, & hummus dressing)
 Attempted snack.
I went to the store and found this box of flavored white chocolate raspberry snacks on sale for 99 cents. I thought it was a good deal for a nutrient source snack that was also gluten free. Personally, they tasted gross.
 Cannot go wrong with cookies! Snack #2
Nut-Thins and cookie butter = yum yum.

 I do not think I have ever recorded a full day of WIAW meals, this time as well.

I snacked on Tostitos hint of Lime chips and then prepared another smoothie with frozen strawberries and blueberries.

I went on a walk, and now I am here finishing some work.
My goal this week is to wake up in time to go running before going to daily Mass. So far, so good!




2 comments:

  1. What's in your mom's famous sauce? Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those nut thins & cookie butter snacks sound amazing! Such a great combo :)

    ReplyDelete