Saturday, July 16, 2011

Inspired Baker

After reading about 100 healthy food blogs last night (exaggerating ), I felt inspired to create a recipe. By 'create' I meant, use another recipe as a guide and altered the ingredients and proportions. I grabbed my notebook and pencil, and started the process of creating what I like to call: the Ah-mazing cookies.

I used Quaker's Vanishing Oatmeal Cookies recipe as my guide.

 Ah-mazing Cookies (Ingredients):
  • Almond butter
  • Almond milk
  • Oil (tiny amount!)
  • Flax Seeds (substituting 'egg')
  • Almond Extract
  • Vanilla Extract
  • Pecans
  • Chocolate Chips *
  • Quaker Oats
  • All-purpose Flour
  • Brown Sugar
  • Baking Powder
  • Salt
*Contains dairy

After baking the first batch, I think that the recipe can improve. Surprisingly, I think it would taste a lot better without the chocolate chips. Instead, I think I will add apples or raisins. I also liked the idea of using mini cupcake wraps. Any recommendations/tips? :)

Hopefully, it will be 100% dairy free, 100% delicious, and _ _% nutritious!

No comments:

Post a Comment