Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Melody

A couple of days ago, while I was walking back to my dorm room, I realized something. I don't think I've ever stopped myself from doing something so usual, like walking, to hear my surroundings. It was weird though because instead of hearing nature like I did back in Kansas, I heard cars and other unnatural noises. Although I should have expected that, I had forgotten how far I've come. It was one of those moments where I' had to make sure I was really there. Haha. The point of my story was to point out how drastically life changes with time and how the smallest observations like noises could be so precious.

"In a moment, everything can change.
Feel the wind on your shoulder."
_____________
When I am homesick or just in the mood for a song that soothes me, I like to listen to songs like this one:

"And I know that I am never alone, and I know that my heart is my home, every missing piece of me, I can find in the melody."
-Melody by Kate Earl


1 comment: