Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Hiraeth

 Now Playing: 85 - Andy Grammer


Everytime I move, I get a little hesitant to unpack thinking in the lines of "what is the point of stuff?" The thoughts continue to form the debate on whether it is worth hanging and placing things if in the end, they will be put back in a box anyway. It is a willful act to place things on the wall despite the interior thoughts that counterattack the action. While I would love to say that my thoughts of detachment from living places is due to the full awareness that this world is not our home, it is not fully that. There is a yearn to have a place be a home, which seems unattainable and perhaps that is that. Does it stink? Yes. Will I survive without it? Yes. Keeping my eyes on the prize (heaven), tends to remind me that any suffering on earth has to be temporary. THE home is eternal :) 



Sometimes, the kitchen is a therapeutic place for me to dedicate attention into perfecting flavors. I like learning "efficient" ways to cook delicious and nutritious meals. Recently, I've been on an oatmeal hunt. I enjoy that oatmeal and bananas are cost effective. The combination is highly packed in nutrients like fiber, protein, potassium, and iron. The "efficiency" comes in to making something that is both time saving and cleanup reducing without compromising the integrity of the dish quality. There are still many trial and errors to come...

Oatmeal Breakfast

Ingredients: Rolled Oats, Water, Salt, Stevia, honey, banana, cinnamon, vanilla extract, walnuts, and splash of heavy cream.


Quiche

Ingredients: eggs, heavy cream, broccoli, mushrooms, cheddar cheese, corn, kalamata olives, chives, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and pie crust.

Have a good day...
and if you are not...
hang on to hope and love ALL you can,

Ahhhh-me

No comments:

Post a Comment