Sunday, January 24, 2021

Eyes have not seen


Today's God moment came from the egg carton. 
I am a morning person, so long as I get a restful night. But it was not... I woke up so groggy and disoriented. I just kept asking God a variation of "whyyyyyyys." As I dragged my feet towards the kitchen, I prepared some coffee and scramble eggs. I chuckle now, as I look at the photo of what I had seen a few hours ago: the present. 


My playlists have been consisting of 2000s hits. There is something marvelous when listening to a familiar song and picking up something new. This reminds me of how often I hear words, and yet not listen. 

"She said if we're gonna make this work
You gotta let me inside even though it hurts
Don't hide the broken parts that I need to see
She said like it or not it's the way it's gotta be
You've gotta love yourself if you can ever love me"
-Lifehouse

We are called to love our neighbors as we love ourselves. I think about this in terms of pouring out love to others, when we are not deeming ourselves as worthy of love. Now, I do not mean to go on a tangent of the "self love" topic, but to simply ask: if one is slightly blinded to see themselves in the image and likeness of God, can one truly see others in the image and likeness of God?
Check this clip out from The Chosen: the women at the well (scene).

Sincerely,
Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment