Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Ultimatum Poem


I wondered why my heart longed for
something other than The perfect one
It made no logic
It made no peace
To believe that I longed for someone else broken... like me
Neither a trend nor a false sublime
What goes on inside is far from serene
The mind screams the 'oughts' of where I should be
Not tomorrow or in the future, but as I stand here...in some ways..of defeat

What is the meaning of life, goes the iterative algorithm
It is to love, and to do it well. I truly believe it!
The Pearl of Great Price, springs forward to mind.
My heart betrays me to settle first for seeking a human kind.
Can I dispose of my twisted desire?
I want to be loved by our maker, not just an esquire.
If I could just pour out my endless thoughts and wishes,
I'd like to go back to the well, and say goodbye to the fishes.

Yes, I do realize, the cry for an escapism
It is an odd comfort when dealing with skepticism


Sincerely ,
Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment