Summary notes of Winter Break (in Kansas):
- If you end up at in south west Kansas, there is a city that smells like meat and factories. True story.
- According to my sister (a KU student), when you jaywalk in downtown Lawrence (home of the KU Jayhawks), the term used is jayhawking.
- Watched "180" Movie.
- Side note: March for Life is today. More than 200,000 people marching for the lives of babies in the womb in DC.
- Spend a month with a baby and you will become a pro at changing diapers.
- My 3 month old niece can almost say my name. She has the "Ah" part correct, working on the "meee"...
- Airport stores are pretty silly. In Kansas, they sell yellow brick road candy pieces.
- Calling all coffee lovers to announce that there is such a thing as coffee tasting, it is called coffee cupping.
- Made a 1-month marathon training plan. (Because two weeks from not running is long enough to lose muscle).
- Realized that "goodbye"s in an airport are heartbreaking.
- The rain cloud: Saw some of my friends back home for less than one day due to moving.
- The rainbow: Spent 3 weeks getting to know my baby niece. I thank God for babies.
1st day of classes: Breakfast of champions.
|GF chocolate pancakes top with mini marshmallows.|
I hope everyone has a lovely Monday!